Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Intel Mac

Pretend you go to a car dealership. You tell them you're looking for a car, the salesman is like (in a voice like Cheech Marin), "Yeah man, we've got the best cars. These cars are the fastest and most reliable anywhere. Our engines and transmissions and valves and stuff, they go so fast, and we have like, 7 star crash test ratings, and everything, and it's so hot and the ladies will love it!"

So you buy the car. A couple years go by, and you go to the same dealership looking to upgrade. The dealer approaches you: "Hey man! We've got the best cars! They have these new engines made by [the competition] and they go so fast! They're up to 4x faster than our old engines! And we've got a blah blah blah"

What this says to me, in short is "Yeah, we used to sell with these parts, but now we use the competitions parts, and they're so much better. All those years we were using the other parts? Yeah, we were fucking you." That's what I see every time I see a Mac ad now.

Now, don't get me wrong. Mac OSX: So much better than windows. I even like it better than Vista, which hasn't even been released yet. I'm not totally against Mac. But their hardware before was crap, even they admit it now. And their hardware now, is the same shit you can buy off the shelf for a third the price. What don't you get? A plastic case that looks like something out of Logan's Run.

So their OS is good, and their hardware is over priced. Why am I still typing? What I just hate, is people who are still buying from this company that rapes its customers. Don't tell me you buy it because you can't get it anywhere else. That's not true. The OS is the only thing you can't get anywhere else (legally), and you can even download it off the net if you really want it. The look? The style? If that's what you want, hey man, if you've got the money, go for it, but don't forget to send some my way too. A guy's gotta pay for college. And don't get all defensive on me and bring up Microsoft. Microsoft and Apple both have the same amount of money from me. I'll let you guess what that figure is. Heck, with KDE 3.5, there's no point in even using Windows anymore, other than games.

My point? If I've informed you of nothing in this entry, If I've not given you any new insights into my personality, If I've not made you question your hardware or software choices, or your brand associations, At the very least, I hope you clicked on the link to Cheech Marin, and got to see that great picture. Doesn't it look like he's trying to look around you? He's all like: Hey man, who's that behind you there? They got any weed?

No comments:

Post a Comment