Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More Blogging - Pittsburgh Style

So I am blogging to you again today since it is turkey vacation. I feel that it is important to keep you up to date with the latest events in my life. If you need live reports as events unfold, be sure to follow me on Twitter. Now... behold:

I'm still super sick. Like, sick beyond reason. It hurts to talk, and it hurts to swallow, and there is a girl here to clean the house and I can't really talk to her because I sound like an idiot. Luckily I am pretty good at communicating by pointing at things.

So Pittsburgh is a great city, but sadly it appears to be inaccessible by road. I don't mean that there aren't roads there, just that they are not a feasible means of transit. These are the things I have picked up so far:
In Pittsburgh, you do not need to use a turn signal in order to turn, and having your turn signal on does NOT indicate that you intend to turn.
You can park in a lane in the middle of the road, directly in front of a no parking sign, and walk away from your car.
Two lane roads and one lane roads are indistinguishable since those dashed white lines are completely optional here. This makes merging difficult since half of the people think that it is still two lanes.
When at a light, if someone is turning left, they are free to do so BEFORE the light turns green.
There are no police. The only thing that appears to keep people in line is Steeler Fever (This is a term I am still working on). Oh, and Steel Mill is pronounced 'Still Meal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment