Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sanyo Katanna II Review

With my old phone on its way out, I headed to the store to pick up a new cell phone. I went with the Sanyo Katanna II. Big mistake.

The pros:
The internal display on the phone is absolutely beautiful. The standard for sprint phones looks liek 176x220, and the Katanna II is 240x320, and crystal clear. The external display is more standard, and looks the same as the one on my Sanyo 8100.
While I'm not a big fan of the body of the phone, it's better than a lot of the options today.
The 1.3Mp camera is pretty clear on the display. It would be neat to see how those pictures look on my computer... but... lets get to the cons...

The cons:
The killer, and the reason it's going back, is that while the phone has bluetooth, it does NOT work with my macbook, and I assume won't work with other computers. It's just for sending vCards and using a headset, two things I'm not going to do.
As mentioned, the phone looks a little cheap. The big problem with the body is that the outer 'U' piece of plastic on the front of the phone is not a flat material. It's ridged, and every time I pull it out of my pocket, it has lint stuck to it. Brilliant.
The power port is hidden behind a cheap rubber flap on the side, which makes the phone impossible to talk on while it's charging, and the flap is going to get destroyed in no time.
While I don't want the phone just for music, it is the same price as music phones, and offers no sd card. Internal memory is 20MB, which is fine for photos and apps, but not music.

All in all, a mistake, but one I had to try to realize. I think my next attempt will be a Samsung M510. I'm done with Sanyo for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment