Thursday, May 13, 2010

7 Year-Old

The usual disclaimer applies here. Please do not read the following, as it is offensive, and wrong. Choosing to read on indicates that you'd like to be offended, and probably have something wrong with your head, so stop it here, and go exercise or throw around the pig skin or whatever it is normal human specimens do.

Again, I encourage you NOT to watch the following video, and instead to go outside and do something productive:

If you're still reading, you didn't heed my advice, which I respect.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, with the following text:
"Ok, I have a problem with this. These girls are good dancers, but they are also 7 years old, dressed like hoes, and doing dance moves that I couldnt even watch without feeling awkward. Someone please verify my feelings on this..."

Some people then proceeded to debate whether or not they were good dancers, but the general consensus was that 7 year-old girls shouldn't be dressed up like hookers and then instructed on how to shake their asses for a video posted on the internet. Except one broad who said, and again, quoting:
"Look at the video again from a neutral perspective. They are talented but misguided. There is more there than just crap."

This was in response to me saying that the above video was crap, as the astute reader may have guessed from the last line.

There are several ways this can be hit. My favorite is that the wrongness of this only comes from the viewer's perspective, which I believe is what the dame who was stupid enough to argue with me was getting at. For example, a little girl takes her shirt off in public. Is this because she's a slut? No. It's because wearing clothes doesn't make sense to children, so they strip naked and run around like it's party time. So it's innocent, and the parents, and everyone at the fucking World of Dance are just misguided, right? Right. And you're ok with that. FUCK YOU.

Let me lay out what happened here, in plain english so everyone (who speaks english) can understand the exact steps and thought process here:
1. Some parents decided to dress their 7 year-olds up like prostitutes and have them train day and night to dance in essentially the same manner that drunk girls do at a sleazy nightclub so that they could win the World of Dance competition.

That's it. One step. I didn't miss anything in there. Do you know what a 7 year-old should be doing? Because it's nothing even vaguely fucking related to what I saw in that video (for the record, I did not 'look at the video again from a neutral perspective' as was suggested to me).

Another angle on this I love, is that if you've really got the balls (or ovaries, or guts, or ability to use a computer), watch the video again, and tell me how fucking marvelous you think that dancing is. Tell me how amazingly choreographed it is, and what amazing fucking talent you have been lucky enough to witness. Now take a look at ANY fucking Michael Jackson video, and go hang yourself in a closet for being a moron. Is the 7 year-old girl video live? Yes. Are they young? Yes. Does that make it amazing? No. Nobody goes to a fucking soap-box derby to scout for the next Lamborghini engineers, and I'm not about to give any extra credit to these girls because they're live or young or whatever the crap excuse you want to give them. I give credit where I see quality, and if my mommy beat me hard enough, I could have been out there on that stage in nothing but a banana hammock parading around too.

To be perfectly honest, while I think it's tacky, it doesn't really bother me how they're dressed. The issue here is that as far as I'm concerned, these girls are abused, because there is no logical explanation for having them performing like this. Nobody this age wakes up and decides they'd like to train for months for an elaborately choreographed dance piece, and then self-studies how to shake ass and tits. These girls are trained, just like you or I would train an animal, pure and simple, and from the video, I'd say their training does indeed include ass and tit shaking. They're trained how to walk, and they're trained how to smile. This is sick shit.

I could go on. Why am I so passionate about this? I'm not. But this is a big part of what's wrong with this country. Why do people defend this type of shit? If you have nothing better to do than defend people who abuse children like this, you should go die in a hole somewhere, because you're obviously not helping anyone. That's my ten cents for the night. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Once something goes viral on the internet it can never go back. This story was just on Good Morning America this morning which is sending the crazy debate into a whole new realm. I would like to try and summarize what I believe to be the issue in two concise sentences. The competition from where this video came was "World of Dance", the largest urban dance competition. The costumes, song and movements are probably very appropriate for an urban dance competition, however should 7 and 8 year old girls be learning and participating in an urban dance competition? Probably Not.

    ReplyDelete