Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm a Bad Person

Okay, so today I was walking around campus early in the morning, and the people were few in number. So I'm passing this girl/woman, and she's Muslim or something, because she's all hidden in clothes and whatnot. So it occurs to me to wonder whether or not she has long hair, or short hair. Now, me being prejudice, I assume she has long hair, because in a culture where you're not allowed to show your body like, at all, I doubt they would tolerate short and sassy hair. But so I'm wondering what her hair is like, and if I can tell anything through the like...whatever she's wearing, and it's hard to imagine hair just on a head, because you need to know more, like the person's style, body type, how they walk, etc. There's a lot of stuff that goes into this. So then I start trying to picture what she'd look like without her Muslim robe type thing, and so of course I have to imagine if she's fat or skinny, or athletic, or whatever, and so one thing leads to another, and basically I'm just trying to imagine this Muslim woman totally naked so that I know what she looks like.

Now...isn't that the opposite of the purpose of their hidden-women idea thing? Anyway, it wasn't my fault, because if she just wore some normal damn clothes I probably wouldn't have looked twice at her. And don't call me a pervert, you would have wondered too. And it's not like I was doing it with bad intention, I just wondered if she had short hair or long hair. So anyway. If Allah is out there, chalk up one more reason for me to go to hell, or whatever Muslim hell is. Probably has lots of Americans in it, that's for sure. Don't think I'll mind.

1 comment:

  1. As a veteran of Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq...over these last few months...I've wondered to myself, "Is it possible to reduce the amount of hatred and violence in our world?"

    Last week, before going to sleep, I began asking myself a lot of WHAT IF questions.

    The central theme behind my thoughts are neither anti-war or pro-religion. My words are not meant to inspire scenes of flag-burning or political protest signs. Sadly, I realize that sometimes a lasting Peace means war.

    However, unless someone and everyone start talking about the idea of Peace...

    Even if it's just for two short minutes...

    It's possible that an unstoppable firestorm of hatred may one day burn its way across our entire planet.

    Instead of pointing out those differences which separate mankind...

    It's my hope that the humanity within all of us will somehow prevail...

    Even if it's JUST FOR TWO SHORT MINUTES...

    See link: http://just-one-day-of-peace.blogspot.com/

    If you write a passage about what the PEACE means to you, I'll build a simple BLOG page featuring your words and images.

    ReplyDelete