Thursday, October 05, 2006

You Are My Buddy, Buddy

There has been a lot of activity in my blog lately, and I for sure do not want to disappoint, so here's some more for you:

I am on myspace now. My myspace page thingy is:

http://www.myspace.com/bigdave_smith/

MySpace is a piss-poor attempt at a social networking site, but it caught on, and people use it, for good and for evil, and since I do both those things, I joined. I am also on Facebook, however I am there for educational networking purposes, and evil purposes, and not good purposes. This brings me to my topic of the hour:

Friend is defined by some dictionary as: a person whom one knows and whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

That's what a friend is. So if you met me once, or someone you know talked about me once, I am not your friend. Now, words are just words, and if social networking sites used the term 'friend' or 'buddy' or 'amigo' or 'acquaintance' it wouldn't matter, but the point is that if I don't know you, I don't want you on my friend list, because I don't give three flying poops what you're doing. If you really think I should know what you are up to, talk to me, and inform me, and we will develop a bond of mutual affection, and then I will care. That is the nature of things.

That is all for now. I have class. Databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment