Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Google Blog - Indespensable

So I showed up to work this morning at 10, and everyone was wondering where I was yesterday! I'm already so important. Being here is like, pretty amazing. Today I got to meet people who work in the satelite mapping division, and see some of the new technologies they're developing, like a giant 3d globe that updates in real time to changes in terrain. I wanted to take some pictures of it for you guys since it's like, 3 stories tall and if you get really close you can see all the tiny buildings and if there's a big fire somewhere or a football game going on, but they said I couldn't take pictures since it was secret, so I just pretended to call my aunt Jamima and took more covert pictures. This is really the only one that came out at all. I got the fly the satelites for a few minutes, and OH MY GOD! I almost crashed two of them together. Nah, I'm just kidding. I didn't break anything. Yet.

So today I figure I need to start doing something with all the computers in my office. I don't really have any good ideas yet. I thought about making some kind of crazy server, but we already have thousands of those, and I thought about just putting Quake2 on every one and making like, a game lab, but we already have one of those in another building, they tell me. Anyway, I'll come up with something.

That's all for now! I've got to get to work using the greatest minds in the universe to come up with amazing new ideas!

1 comment: