Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Apple Tech Support Update

Okay, an update on my Apple tech support issues, and a brief review, because I don't actually remember if I talked about this here before:

I had an issue with my battery not wanting to charge on my MacBook, and I had an issue with the plastic becoming discolored, so I called Apple Tech Support. I was pretty pleased, the guy walked me through some things to try, and said if I brought my mac into an Apple Store, they'd replace the plastic. Sweet.

Present day:

The battery problem has gotten worse. I can't actually get it to charge at all, or at least register a charge. So...

I call tech support again, and tell the guy. He gives me ok news...says to bring it to a service center and they'll check it out. If it's a battery, they might be able to trade it out, maybe not. If it's the laptop, they'll have to ship it out, probably.

At first I was kinda upset. I can not work without my lappy. I bought a freakin Apple, and now my stuff has to be shipped out, and I miss it for a week. Crap. But then I realized that even if I bought a HP or a Sony, I'd still have to shit it out for service. So anyway. I'm a bit miffed, but what can I do? Overall, I'm very pleased with apple's tech support people. They don't treat you like a moron, and they seem to know what they're talking about. Life goes on.

Lots more to talk about, it's a hectic week, but I'll leave it at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment